Brooklyn Medical Malpractice Lawyers Assisting Victims of Surgical Errors in New York
Skilled litigators with more than half a century of combined experience
At Kadanoff & Kadanoff, PLLC, our injury attorneys have handled many cases of medical malpractice over the years. The most common types of medical malpractice lawsuits in America are those concerning surgical mistakes. Effects of errors in surgery can range from minor to fatal.
If you or a loved one has suffered injury, illness or death as a result of medical negligence by a surgeon, nurse or other medical care provider during a procedure, you have the right to seek compensation for the physical, emotional and financial damages you suffer as a result.
Types of surgical errors
The most frequently litigated surgical mistake incidents for which you should contact a medical malpractice attorney from Kadanoff & Kadanoff, PLLC include the following:
- Wrong-site surgery — surgeons may perform procedures on the wrong body part or organ. Some wrong-site surgeries, such as arthroscopic knee surgery, can be repeated on the correct limb. But others, such as amputation, can have serious and debilitating effects.
- Wrong-patient surgery — Sometimes a patient is given a procedure meant for a different patient and the procedure they require is performed on someone else. In certain cases, such as organ transplants, more than one victim can suffer the effects of a wrong patient surgery.
- Use of contaminated instruments — Surgical instruments are supposed to be kept sterile before use on a patient. If a hospital provides unsanitary surgical instruments to its surgeons, patients receiving surgeries could easily contract disease — particularly those with compromised immune systems. In addition, surgeons might negligently cause pain and infection by leaving an instrument, sponge or piece of gauze inside a patient.
- Organ or tissue damage — If a surgeon accidentally nicks or punctures an otherwise healthy organ during a procedure, the injured organ could suffer long-term damage and cause severe residual health issues.
- Nerve damage — Physical errors, misuse of instruments, and even anesthesia errors can lead to lasting nerve damage in a patient. Infants are particularly vulnerable to nerve injuries during childbirth, when small mistakes with forceps could injure the baby’s brachial plexus or other nerve system and result in Erb’s palsy or cerebral palsy.
Compassionate attorneys who advocate for those affected by surgical malpractice in Brooklyn
At Kadanoff & Kadanoff, PLLC, our malpractice lawyers know how to obtain rightful compensation for clients who are victims of surgery mistakes. To schedule a free consultation and learn about your legal options, call our firm at 718.875.6706 or contact us online today.
Kadanoff & Kadanoff, PLLC is centrally located in Brooklyn, across the street from the Kings County Supreme Court, where parking is readily available. If you are unable to travel to our office, we can pick you up or visit you at home or in the hospital. We handle cases throughout the New York City metropolitan area, including the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan.
We have a paralegal who is fluent in Russian and we welcome Russian-speaking clients.